Happy Friday Eve!
IMPORTANT INFO in regards to the 1st PTO meeting of the year!!!!
The first PTO meeting of the year is TOMORROW at 9am at WESTWOOD. We will post the agenda on the PTO site! The principals and counselors attend these meetings and always share great school wide information. We will have special guests Thad Roher, Kelly Browning (with FISD Community Ed), and Members of the Education Foundation in attendance. If you can join us please do!
- You will need to have your DL on hand and scanned to get into school for the meeting. You DO NOT need to have done volunteer training to attend the meeting HOWEVER you DO need to have done volunteer training to stay after the meeting to do any volunteer jobs (i.e.. Friday folders, help in classroom as directed by the teacher).
- The system that the front office team uses to vet whether or not you are an approved volunteer has been cleared out from last year. You have to do volunteer training and CBC each school year.
- If you have not signed in at the school as a volunteer yet it will take a few minutes for the front office to do that in the morning.
- You can help with the above by: getting to school early to get logged in and packing your patience as the first meeting there is usually record attendance (which is great!),
Grandparent breakfast is next week. We look forward to seeing all the grandparents enjoying a sweet treat, coffee, orange juice and milk with their grandkids. Thank you to both schools for providing this treat for our grandparents!
- HELP NEEDED: We still have volunteer spots open. We are needing 5 volunteers to help at each school from 7:25-7:55 each morning. Monday, September 9, Tuesday, September 10, and Wednesday, September 11. To volunteer for 1 shift or even all 3 – please click on the links below. Thank you for all your help!! https://tools.ptoffice.com/…/Westwood_Grandparents_Breakfas…https://tools.ptoffice.com/…/Bales_Grandparents_Breakfast_5…
- Guests: Grandparent Breakfast will be set up at both schools from 7:25am until 7:55am – 9/9 last names A-H, 9/10 last names I-P, and 9/11 last names Q-Z. If you have students at both schools you can eat at either school.
Room parents – room parents were selected today! Be sure and check your email to see if you were selected. If you were, please reply to Meghan so she knows that you are still able to help. Once all the room parents confirm then we will post the list for everyone to see. The room parent meeting is next Wednesday. We need ALL room parents to attend. Even if you have done it before – please make plans to be there as we need to go over school policies again.
Spirit Store pre orders CLOSE TOMORROW!!!
- Get your orders in so you dont miss out! The in-stock store will stay open until we sell out!
- In stock site: https://tools.ptoffice.com/Stores/Spirit_Store_-_201
- Pre order site: https://inkeddesigns.mysimplestore.com/t/westwood-and-bales…
It’s already September… and that means Halloween costumes are out and parents will start purchasing soon. A few reminders/notes about costumes before parents go out and purchase them. We are sure the school will send out an email about this as well – just wanted to help parents out before your kiddo got their heart set on a costume for school!
- Costumes (which can be worn on class party day only) have to adhere to dress code when it comes to length of skirts and shorts and dresses, straps still need to be three fingers wide, etc.
- Blow up costumes are not permitted.
- Nothing that covers the face. The teachers and school staff need to be able to recognize your child while they are in their costume.
- No weapons, guns, blood, or bad words etc.
Thanks and have a great weekend! See you tomorrow!