WELCOME BACK!! Can you believe the school year is about to begin!! It’s going to be a great year! Couple of “quick” notes from your WW and Bales PTO!
Save the date(s)
TODAY – The first Mustang Voices of the year! Tune in via FISD Facebook page at 3pm!
This Thursday – Under the Oaks – 7pm-8PM at the FISD Museum/Old Junior High
- The WW and Bales PTO will be there! Come and see us! We will have Yard Mustangs and Mustang bags/Cinch Sacks for sale. There will be popcorn and lemonade, cheerleaders, drumline and more! See you there!
Monday, August 12th is Teacher Meet and Greet!
- Be sure to bring school supplies to your child’s homeroom, if you didn’t order them through school. If ordered, they will be in the classroom already.
- Westwood starts at 4pm and Bales at 5pm.
- We will be selling spirit shirts in the Westwood Character Court starting at 4pm, so be sure to bring cash, check or credit card!
- The teachers will give you 4 handouts from PTO: Stay connected (how we will communicate during the year), Room Parent info (how to sign up to be in the drawing for room parent), Sno Beach (our first spirit night of the year!), and Committee sign up information!
- See Parking reminders below!
Wednesday, August 14th is the First day of school.
- It will be a very busy day in the halls and parking lots of both schools!
- Doors open at 7:25am and school starts at 7:55 am.
- Both schools allow parents to walk their kids into the classroom the first day.
IMPORTANT Parking Reminders:
- Please remember that the parking spots marked reserved are reserved for a family who bought that spot at the annual Round Up fundraiser. Please do not park in those spots at anytime during the year. This includes dropping kids off at school and picking them up at the end of the day.
- Please do not park in the handicap parking spots without a permit.
- 2351 is marked NO PARKING. You are welcome to park down Garden St – please be courteous of those who live on that street and do not block their driveways.
- 5 minute parking spots are there for those who will only be at the school for 5 minutes.
There are already volunteer opportunities! See below and click here to sign up.
- The first three days of school we need 10 parents (WWB Parents/guardians only for this sign up) per day to sign up to help with kinder lunch. We will help Kinder students with lunch time – open bags, juice boxes, trash pick up, hot lunch line.
- ** Volunteer training must have been taken last year! There will be an opportunity to do volunteer training for this year but not before the first day.
- ** Kinder moms: Please make sure that your kinder child will be comfortable with you leaving once they see you!
- Anyone (parent or guardian at the school) can sign up to help it doesnt have to just be kinder parents – we will only be helping at Kinder lunch no other grade level.
- NOTE. We ask that you only sign up for one day to allow all parents an opportunity to help. If we don’t fill up then we will open to sign up for multiple days. Such a great problem to have that we have so many wonderful parents who want to help.
- See link below to sign up. Thanks!https://tools.ptoffice.com/Signups/2019_Kinder_Lunch
- There are no lunch visitors until the second week of school. At that time lunch visitors are welcome Wednesday through Friday.
- Be sure to bring your DL anytime you want to check in at school.
If you are getting this email it’s because you signed up on the PTO site. Woo hoo. Thank you!!! If you have a friend who says they didn’t get this email then that means they haven’t signed up. No worries – they still can! Just have them go to the PTO site and click register/profile. It’s that easy!
Thanks for reading this all the way to the end!! It’s going to be a great year!
2019-2020 PTO Board for Westwood and Bales
Annie Clary and Crissy Kemp, Co-Chairs
Beth Barraza and Stephanie Lacombe, Co-Vice Presidents
Holly Herncall and Charis Pollard, Treasurers
Laura Malone, Secretary